5.17.2009

Herbed Goat Cheese Toasts

When you have extra fresh ingredients left over from other meals, it's nice to spice something up like bread to accompany a meal. In this case, it was goat cheese left over from a salad and some whole grain bread I hated to see go bad. I have a slight obsession with cheese, which will be more apparent in the future, so in my eyes, anything sprinkled with goat cheese, could never do you wrong. If you feel the same, I invite you to make these light & delicious toasts. 
Herbed Goat Cheese Toasts
ingredients 
whole grain sandwich bread
crumbled goat cheese
fresh rosemary
olive oil

step by step
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Drizzle bread with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese & rosemary on bread.
4. Finish off with a little kosher salt or coarse sea salt.
5. Place on preferably a rack with slits in it or straight on to the wire rack in the oven
(allowing air to circulate under the bread helps it to get a tad crispy)
6. After 5 to 10 minutes, check bread and when cheese is melted,
put on broil for a couple of minutes to brown the cheese.
7. Watch carefully to not burn while on broil.
8. Remove from oven & enjoy.



1 comment:

  1. These look so simple but so delicious! I love goat cheese.

    I love the title of your blog! I think it could work for mine too! Did you see my post about my teeny apartment?

    http://sweetandnatural.wordpress.com/2009/01/29/baking-in-a-new-york-city-apartment/

    ReplyDelete