10.30.2009

{houston readers} New Farmer's Market In Town


Fellow Houstonians, there is a new Farmer's Market coming to town and I wanted to share the info I have about it so far.  Highland Village will now have a farmer's market on Saturday mornings from 8 am to 12 pm starting tomorrow, Saturday, October 31.   If you are unfamiliar with the farmers markets in Houston, there are a couple on Saturday mornings and a few during the week, but in my opinion, there is definitely room for more.  Here is a little blurb about the new market!

A permanent covered structure (next to Jos. A Banks and across the street from Escalante’s Mexican Restaurant) will house up to 24 vendors. Seasonal growers will rotate throughout the year bringing the freshest goods of each season to Houston such as blueberries, figs, strawberries and peaches. A baker will bring fresh baked breads, desserts, brownies and pastries that will pair nicely with the organic coffee vendor. One unit will supply free-range beef, lamb, pork, goat, chicken and wild boar while several vendors will have a variety of free-range eggs. A soap maker will provide lotions and handmade goat’s milk soaps.
Unusual and anticipated features at the market include Queen Bee Marshmallows, a vendor selling 20 different varieties of handmade marshmallows, and Texas Wild, a vendor who owns his own shrimp boat bringing peeled and whole shrimp to the market.

Just thought I would share, and maybe I will see some of you there this Saturday (probably not though if you plan on going at 8).

4 comments:

  1. Who knew??? Thanks for the info. I am definitely going to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo! We need way more of this in Houston. I am interested to see how it will compare to the one on Eastside. I go every Saturday, but I will definitely try the new market tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live right around the corner from Highland Village. I am so happy to know there will be a new market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20 different varieties of marshmallows? I would definitely like to see that.

    ReplyDelete