10.20.2009

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies


These cookies really need no introduction.  If you have the love that I do for Reese's peanut butter cups, you are probably not reading this because you have already left for the store to buy the ingredients.  And yes, they are that good.  I put my own little twist on them with the second batch.  I used the new dark chocolate Reese's cups and it's hard to say which one is better.  I loved the dark chocolate ones and they were the favorite among most of the tasters, but Mr. Hungry preferred the ones made with regular Reese's.  So my advice is to try both... you will be glad you did.



  • Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
  • Adapted from Real Simple, October 2009
  • Makes about 24 cookies
  • Recipe Notes
  • As I mentioned earlier, I made two batches of these.  I made one with regular peanut butter cups, but I used dark chocolate peanut butter cups for the second batch.  Both were delicious.  I have also found a new love for parchment paper.  They have made perfect cookies for me lately, and I have to admit I was notorious for burnt edges in the past.  But if you are one of those master bakers, you might have your own method for perfect cookies.  And in general, everyone's oven can be a little bit different so find what suits you best.  
  • Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 12-ounce package small peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped (regular or dark chocolate)
Step by Step
1.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2.  Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3.  Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.  
4.  In a separate bowl, beat the butter and the sugar until creamy.
5.  Add the egg and vanilla and combine until creamy.
6.  Gradually add flour mixture until just combined.
7.  Fold in the peanut butter cups.
8.  Using a tablespoon, drop mounds of dough about 2 inches apart. 
9.  Bake until edges become slightly brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
10.  Transfer to a baking rack to cool.

4 comments:

  1. i will take a dozen of those please!-j.demp

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious. I love that you used the dark chocolate Reese's. I will have to try these with that addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've done it again, little kitchen! made em. love em. passing them out at the office as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are not joking. these are so good. we did the same thing with making a batch with dark chocolate and a batch with the normal and the dark chocolate ones won in our house by far. great idea!

    ReplyDelete