5.18.2010

Cookies & Cream Cupcakes

IMG_7014
Nothing much to say today... Just a really good recipe.  I will try to be more entertaining tomorrow.  Happy Tuesday (can Tuesday be a happy day? it's so far from Friday...)

 I posted about these for an order I did a couple of weeks ago and here is the follow up with the recipe.  I have actually made a simplified version to share with you because I don't see the need to make the cupcake from scratch.  It was good, but what is so special about this is the icing.  If you want to go the extra step and make the original cupcake, email me, but I will probably never again do so myself.

 From my little kitchen to yours... Enjoy.

Cookies & Cream Cupcakes
Recipe Notes
If you have a favorite brand of chocolate cake mix, use it! I just have found that I really like the Devil's Food chocolate.
Ingredients
1 box devil's food cake mix
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1/4 cup Oreo crumbs (remove the icing and finely crush the cookies), plus additional for topping
Step by Step
Prepare chocolate cupcakes according to directions on box and allow to cool completely.

Mix the butter on medium speed until light and fluffy.  Gradually add the powdered sugar, then add the milk and blend until smooth.  Using a spoon (not mixer) fold in the Oreo crumbs until blended through the frosting.  Top each cupcake with frosting and garnish with extra cookie crumbs.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the recipe! I can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is an oreo fanatic. He will love these cupcakes. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your blog! Found you through my friend Frances, and am soo happy that she recommended you..I check every day for new updates! Shelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH. MY. GA. You have combined my two favorite things in all the land. i must make asap!

    ReplyDelete